Tuesday 6 February 1996
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic). In that special week of February people in US were listening to One Sweet Day by Mariah Carey.
In UK Spaceman by Babylon Zoo was in the top 5 hits.
Beautiful Girls, directed by Ted Demme, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1996
while The Rainmaker by John Grisham was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 February 1996!
Which were the important events of 6 February 1996 ?
- Bob Marley Day in Rastafarianism (Jamaica and Ethiopia)
- Waitangi Day (National Holiday) in New Zealand
- Sami National Day (known as Lapps; in Finland and Scandinavia)
- Saint Amandus, Apostle of the Franks
- Saint Vedastus (+540)
- Saint Dorothea, patron saint of florists
- Saint Paul Miki
- Rickey Thompson: Vine Star.
- Dalton Rapattoni: Pop Singer.
- Justina Mikulskytė: Lithuanian tennis player.
- Heidi Fleiss scheduled to begin her 7 year jail sentence
- Flooding in the Willamette Valley of Oregon, United States, causes over US$500 million in property damage throughout the Pacific Northwest.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1996 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Tony Rich Project - Nobody Knows
- Mary J. Blige - Not Gon' Cry
- Everything But The Girl - Missing
- Joan Osborne - One Of Us
- Goo Goo Dolls - Name
- Deep Blue Something - Breakfast At Tiffany's
- La Bouche - Be My Lover
- Mariah Carey - One Sweet Day
- Whitney Houston - Exhale (Shoop Shoop)
- LL Cool J - Hey Lover
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 6 February 1996 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?