Friday 6 February 2004
It was Friday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of February people in US were listening to Hey Ya! by OutKast.
In UK Mad World by Michael Andrews featuring Gary Jules was in the top 5 hits.
50 First Dates, directed by Peter Segal, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2004
while The South Beach Diet by Arthur Agatston was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Cheap Seats: Without Ron Parker.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Atlantis Evolution or Ben Jordan: Paranormal Investigator.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2004.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 February 2004!
Which were the important events of 6 February 2004 ?
- Bob Marley Day in Rastafarianism (Jamaica and Ethiopia)
- Waitangi Day (National Holiday) in New Zealand
- Sami National Day (known as Lapps; in Finland and Scandinavia)
- Saint Amandus, Apostle of the Franks
- Saint Vedastus (+540)
- Saint Dorothea, patron saint of florists
- Saint Paul Miki
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 06 February
- A suicide bomber kills 41 people on a metro car in Moscow.
- U.S. and Iraqi forces capture more than 100 suspected guerrillas in raids across Iraq.
- Ministers of Finance from Europe, North America, and Asia meet in Florida. They are focusing on the strength and stability of the U.S. dollar.
- Russian billionaire Viktor Vekselberg purchases a huge private collection of Fabergé art pieces, including nine Fabergé eggs, from the Forbes family. The collection had been expected to go up for auction in April.
- Gerhard Schröder announces his intention to resign from his post as chairman of the Social Democratic Party but to continue as Chancellor of Germany.
- An earthquake, measuring 6.9 on the Richter scale, occurs in the Papua province of Indonesia and kills at least 23 people.
- A party of cockle pickers—believed to be Chinese immigrantsnbsp– is caught by tides in Morecambe Bay, Lancashire, England, drowning at least 19 people.
- The UK Home Office confirms that Maxine Carr, convicted with Ian Huntley concerning the Soham murders of 2001, could be released from prison in the next few days.
- Parliamentarians in Iran end their sit-in of the country's parliament but vow to continue fighting the mass disqualification of reformist candidates by the conservative Council of Guardians.
- In Australia, the Music Industry Piracy Investigations organization uses an Anton Piller order to raid offices of P2P companies Sharman Networks and Brilliant Digital Entertainment, the homes of their key executives, as well as several internet service providers and universities.
- Democratic Presidential Primaries: Howard Dean tells his supporters that he must win the Wisconsin Democratic primary in order to stay in the Democratic presidential race.
- Electronic voting: The U.S. military abandons plans for a trial of Internet voting (Secure Electronic Registration and Voting Experiment) in the upcoming presidential election.
- American and British study reports that the 1918 flu virus may have had a unique bird-like protein. The past outbreak, which killed people, has hallmarks of the current outbreak of bird flu in east Asia.
- The body of Carlie Brucia, a girl reported missing on Sunday, February 1, 2004 is discovered. Suspect Joseph P. Smith is charged with the murder.
- U.S. President George W. Bush appoints an Iraq Intelligence Commission to investigate United States intelligence capabilities, specifically regarding the 2003 invasion of Iraq and Iraq's weapons of mass destruction. The commission is headed by Governor, and former Senator, Chuck Robb and Judge Laurence Silberman.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 2004 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?