Sunday 6 February 2011
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of February people in US were listening to Grenade by Bruno Mars.
Just Go with It, directed by Dennis Dugan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while Tick Tock by James Patterson, Michael Ledwidge was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2011.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 February 2011!
Which were the important events of 6 February 2011 ?
- Bob Marley Day in Rastafarianism (Jamaica and Ethiopia)
- Waitangi Day (National Holiday) in New Zealand
- Sami National Day (known as Lapps; in Finland and Scandinavia)
- Saint Amandus, Apostle of the Franks
- Saint Vedastus (+540)
- Saint Dorothea, patron saint of florists
- Saint Paul Miki
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 06 February
- Gary Moore: Northern Irish singer-songwriter guitarist and producer (Skid Row Thin Lizzy and Colosseum II) (d. 2011).
- 2011 Egyptian protests:
- People demonstrate against the Mubarak regime for the thirteenth consecutive day, dubbed the ampquotDay of Martyrsampquot in memory of those killed. (''The Guardian'')
- Graphic rooftop footage emerges of a protester being gunned down in Alexandria. (''The Guardian'')
- Protestors express anger at the governments of France, Israel and the United States due to their support of the thirty-year Mubarak dictatorship. (Press TV)
- Human Rights Watch expresses increased concerns at the continuing targeting by the Egyptian authorities of journalists, human rights defenders, and youth activists, while another Al Jazeera reporter is arrested. (''The Guardian'')
- Traffic to Al Jazeera's English-language website, which features (''Los Angeles Times'')
- Two people are married in Tahrir Square. (''The Guardian'')
- Images emerge on YouTube of a man being shot at close range, possibly by police, in Cairo / Alexandria his condition is unknown. (Al Jazeera)
- 2010–2011 Tunisian uprising
- Police in Tunisia kill at least two people during a protest in the northwestern town of El Kef demanding the resignation of a police chief - crowds retaliate by burning the police station. (Al Jazeera)
- Tunisia's interior minister suspends activities of the former ruling party Constitutional Democratic Rally. (BBC)
- Cambodian–Thai border stand-off
- Cambodia says a disputed 11th Century temple has been damaged on the third day of cross border clashes with Thailand. ( BBC)
- Israeli soldiers have shot three Palestinians, two while they collected gravel from destroyed homes in Gaza, and another while he worked in the northern Gaza Strip. (The Palestine Telegraph)
- The Indian Army insists it is to inquire ampquoton its ownampquot the death of a man in Kashmir, allegedly killed in an army ambush. His family says he was snatched from his home before being shot. (''Kashmir Observer'')
- At least 50 people have died in a mutiny of the Sudan People's Armed Forces in southern Sudan. (BBC)
- The President of Afghanistan Hamid Karzai says that a transfer of security authority from international to Afghan forces will begin on March 21. (CNN)
- The Indian Navy captures 28 suspected Somali pirates on a Thai fishing vessel in the Indian Ocean. (AP via the ''Washington Post'')
- Police on Easter Island evict indigenous protesters battling for ancestral lands and a larger share of tourist revenues from the grounds of a luxury hotel. (AP via ''San Francisco Chronicle'')
- Severe flood kills 13 in Sri Lanka. (Xinhua)
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 2011 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bruno Mars - Grenade
- Katy Perry - Firework
- Wiz Khalifa - Black And Yellow
- Enrique Iglesias - Tonight (I'm Lovin' You)
- Rihanna - What's My Name?
- Britney Spears - Hold It Against Me
- Ke$ha - We R Who We R
- P!nk - Raise Your Glass
- The Black Eyed Peas - The Time (Dirty Bit)
- Pitbull - Hey Baby (Drop It To The Floor)
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?