Monday 6 February 2012
It was Monday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of February people in US were listening to Set Fire To The Rain by Adele.
Safe House, directed by Daniel Espinosa, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2012
while The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Lyons Den.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Bad Piggies or Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 February 2012!
Which were the important events of 6 February 2012 ?
- Bob Marley Day in Rastafarianism (Jamaica and Ethiopia)
- Waitangi Day (National Holiday) in New Zealand
- Sami National Day (known as Lapps; in Finland and Scandinavia)
- Saint Amandus, Apostle of the Franks
- Saint Vedastus (+540)
- Saint Dorothea, patron saint of florists
- Saint Paul Miki
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 06 February
- The Diamond Jubilee of Queen Elizabeth II marks the 60th anniversary of her accession to the thrones of the United Kingdom, Canada, Australia and New Zealand, and the 60th anniversary of her becoming Head of the Commonwealth.
- 2011–2012 Syrian uprising
- Syrian government forces continue shelling the city of Homs with at least 17 people dead today. (AP via Google News)
- Hacker group Anonymous publishes hundreds of emails from President Bashar al-Assad's office. (Haaretz)
- The United States closes its embassy in Damascus, while the United Kingdom recalls its ambassador. (CNN)
- Ahmet Davutoğlu, the Turkish Minister of Foreign Affairs, says Turkey's doors were “open to all Syrians who want to flee from oppression.” (''Hurriyet Daily News'')
- Gunmen kill five refugees from the Libyan town of Tawergha in a camp in a Tripoli suburb. (Reuters)
- More than 1000 Brazilian Army and police surround the state Legislative Assembly in Salvador, Bahia, after striking police officers and their families occupy it. (Al-Jazeera)
- Spanish artist Antoni Tàpies, a pioneer of abstract art, dies in Barcelona at the age of 88. (AFP via Google News)
- Greek government debt crisis: The government of Greece fails to reach agreement over the terms of a new bailout from the European Union, but retracts the deadline they had given themselves to do so, 30 minutes before the deadline would have passed. (The Guardian)
- A three-storey factory collapses in the Pakistani city of Lahore after a gas explosion resulting in at least three deaths with dozens of workers trapped. (Reuters)
- A motor vehicle crash near Hampstead, Ontario between a passenger van carrying 13 people and an eighteen-wheeler truck kills 11, including the van driver and ten Peruvian migrant workers. (''Hamilton Spectator'')
- Myanmar's Election Commission clears National League for Democracy leader Aung San Suu Kyi to run in a by-election in the seat of Kawhmu. (AP via ''US News and World Report'')
- Romanian Prime Minister Emil Boc and his entire cabinet resign after major social and political unrest in the country. (The Guardian)
- The BBC reports that rival Palestinian factions have agreed to form a government led by President Mahmoud Abbas ahead of elections. (BBC)
- In cycling, the Court of Arbitration for Sport bans Spanish rider Alberto Contador for two years for doping and strips him of championships including the 2010 Tour de France. (''The Guardian'')
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 2012 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?