Saturday 6 January 1900, Epiphany
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was William McKinley (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Pierre-Octave Ferroud French composer (Sarabande and Kathryn Hulme.
Fight Between a Lion and a Bull, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1900
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 January 1900!
Which were the important events of 6 January 1900 ?
- Epiphany (National Holiday) in Italy
- Christianity (except Eastern and Oriental Orthodox who follow the Julian Calendar) - Epiphany of the Lord (a.k.a. "Twelfth Day of Christmas" and Three Kings Day in some areas).
- In the Irish Calendar- Little Christmas or Nollaig na mBan (Women's Christmas) and/or Twelfth Day.
- Twelfth Night, or The Lord of Misrule
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the ceremonial birthday of Haile Selassie
- Ancient Latvia - Zvaigznes Diena observed
- Armenian Christmas (except in the Holy Land where it's on January 18th - old calendar)
- Pierre-Octave Ferroud French composer (Sarabande: Jeunesse).
- Kathryn Hulme: American novelist (d. 1981).
- Pierre Ferroud: French musician, composer, critic and author.
- DE LA VIGERIE Emm Astier: Paris 08éme Politician.
- Maria of: Maria of Yugoslavia (d. 1961).
- Second Boer War: Having already sieged the fortress at Ladysmith, Boer forces attack it, but are driven back by British defenders.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 6 January 1900
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
What news were making the headlines those days in January 1900?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?