Saturday 6 January 1900, Epiphany
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was William McKinley (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Pierre-Octave Ferroud French composer (Sarabande and Kathryn Hulme.
Fight Between a Lion and a Bull, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1900
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 January 1900!
Which were the important events of 6 January 1900 ?
- Epiphany (National Holiday) in Italy
- Christianity (except Eastern and Oriental Orthodox who follow the Julian Calendar) - Epiphany of the Lord (a.k.a. "Twelfth Day of Christmas" and Three Kings Day in some areas).
- In the Irish Calendar- Little Christmas or Nollaig na mBan (Women's Christmas) and/or Twelfth Day.
- Twelfth Night, or The Lord of Misrule
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the ceremonial birthday of Haile Selassie
- Ancient Latvia - Zvaigznes Diena observed
- Armenian Christmas (except in the Holy Land where it's on January 18th - old calendar)
- Pierre-Octave Ferroud French composer (Sarabande: Jeunesse).
- Kathryn Hulme: American novelist (d. 1981).
- Pierre Ferroud: French musician, composer, critic and author.
- DE LA VIGERIE Emm Astier: Paris 08éme Politician.
- Maria of: Maria of Yugoslavia (d. 1961).
- Second Boer War: Having already sieged the fortress at Ladysmith, Boer forces attack it, but are driven back by British defenders.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
What news were making the headlines those days in January 1900?
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?