Wednesday 6 January 1909, Epiphany
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Keith Davis and Johannes H.
Le paralytique, directed by Louis Feuillade, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1909
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 January 1909!
Which were the important events of 6 January 1909 ?
- Epiphany (National Holiday) in Italy
- Christianity (except Eastern and Oriental Orthodox who follow the Julian Calendar) - Epiphany of the Lord (a.k.a. "Twelfth Day of Christmas" and Three Kings Day in some areas).
- In the Irish Calendar- Little Christmas or Nollaig na mBan (Women's Christmas) and/or Twelfth Day.
- Twelfth Night, or The Lord of Misrule
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the ceremonial birthday of Haile Selassie
- Ancient Latvia - Zvaigznes Diena observed
- Armenian Christmas (except in the Holy Land where it's on January 18th - old calendar)
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1909 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Good Evening, Caroline - Frank Stanley & Elise Stevenson
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
What news were making the headlines those days in January 1909?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?