Monday 6 January 1913
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Sodoms Ende, directed by Alfred Abel, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1913
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 January 1913!
Which were the important events of 6 January 1913 ?
- Epiphany (National Holiday) in Italy
- Christianity (except Eastern and Oriental Orthodox who follow the Julian Calendar) - Epiphany of the Lord (a.k.a. "Twelfth Day of Christmas" and Three Kings Day in some areas).
- In the Irish Calendar- Little Christmas or Nollaig na mBan (Women's Christmas) and/or Twelfth Day.
- Twelfth Night, or The Lord of Misrule
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the ceremonial birthday of Haile Selassie
- Ancient Latvia - Zvaigznes Diena observed
- Armenian Christmas (except in the Holy Land where it's on January 18th - old calendar)
- Max Théret: French businessman and political activist, who was the co-founder of Fnac, originally Fédération nationale d’achats des cadres, or National Purchasing Federation of Managers, alongside André Essel.
- Edward Gierek: Polish Communist politician.
- Loretta Young: American film actress with her own TV show in the '50s.
- Pierre Le Gloan: French aviator, a fighter pilot of World War II.
- Roger Heinkele: French champion springboard diver.
- Tom Brown: NYC, New York -- Actor (Ed-Gunsmoke, Lt Rovacs-Mr Lucky)
- Frederick Hitch: English Victoria Cross Winner (Born 1856).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1913 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Ada Jones - Row! Row! Row!
- Ghost of the Violin - Walter Van Brunt & Maurice Burkhardt
- Oh! Oh! Delphine - Billy Murray
- Where the Edelweiss is Blooming - Lyric Quartet
- Venus on Earth Waltz - Sousa's Band
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in January 1913?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 6 January 1913 and get them!