Tuesday 6 January 1914
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Die Augen des Ole Brandis, directed by Stellan Rye, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 January 1914!
Which were the important events of 6 January 1914 ?
- Epiphany (National Holiday) in Italy
- Christianity (except Eastern and Oriental Orthodox who follow the Julian Calendar) - Epiphany of the Lord (a.k.a. "Twelfth Day of Christmas" and Three Kings Day in some areas).
- In the Irish Calendar- Little Christmas or Nollaig na mBan (Women's Christmas) and/or Twelfth Day.
- Twelfth Night, or The Lord of Misrule
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the ceremonial birthday of Haile Selassie
- Ancient Latvia - Zvaigznes Diena observed
- Armenian Christmas (except in the Holy Land where it's on January 18th - old calendar)
- Godfrey Edward Arnold: Austrian-born American otolaryngologist (d. 1989).
- Arnold Richardson: composer.
- Godfrey Arnold: Austrian-American physician and academic (d. 1989).
- Danny Thomas: Deerfield, Michigan -- Comedian ( Show).
- David Bruce: Kankakee, Illinois -- Actor (Harry-Beulah).
- Stock brokerage firm of Merrill Lynch founded.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1914 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- On the Old Fall River Line - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in January 1914?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 6 January 1914 and get them!