Sunday 6 January 1918
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
The Legion of Death, directed by Tod Browning, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1918.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 January 1918!
Which were the important events of 6 January 1918 ?
- Epiphany (National Holiday) in Italy
- Christianity (except Eastern and Oriental Orthodox who follow the Julian Calendar) - Epiphany of the Lord (a.k.a. "Twelfth Day of Christmas" and Three Kings Day in some areas).
- In the Irish Calendar- Little Christmas or Nollaig na mBan (Women's Christmas) and/or Twelfth Day.
- Twelfth Night, or The Lord of Misrule
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the ceremonial birthday of Haile Selassie
- Ancient Latvia - Zvaigznes Diena observed
- Armenian Christmas (except in the Holy Land where it's on January 18th - old calendar)
- Eugene Locke: American lawyer, businessman, politician, and diplomat, who in 1967 was awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom.
- Buddy Weed: Ossining, New York -- Pianist (Penthouse Party).
- Caspar MB "Cas" Baas: Dutch actor / playwright / director (Ciske the Rat).
- Georg Cantor: German mathematician who is best known as the creator of modern set theory.
- Georg F L P Cantor German mathematician collection: dies at age 72.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1918 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- I Don't Know Where I'm Going But I'm On My Way - Peerless Quartet
- Over There - Prince's Orchestra
- Sailin' Away On the Henry Clay - Victor Military Band
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?