Monday 6 January 1919, Epiphany
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Das Schicksal der Maria Keith, directed by Rudolf Walther-Fein, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1919
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1919.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 January 1919!
Which were the important events of 6 January 1919 ?
- Epiphany (National Holiday) in Italy
- Christianity (except Eastern and Oriental Orthodox who follow the Julian Calendar) - Epiphany of the Lord (a.k.a. "Twelfth Day of Christmas" and Three Kings Day in some areas).
- In the Irish Calendar- Little Christmas or Nollaig na mBan (Women's Christmas) and/or Twelfth Day.
- Twelfth Night, or The Lord of Misrule
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the ceremonial birthday of Haile Selassie
- Ancient Latvia - Zvaigznes Diena observed
- Armenian Christmas (except in the Holy Land where it's on January 18th - old calendar)
- Sylvia Syms US singer (Hello Dolly: Dream Girl, Them There Eyes).
- Bernard Algan: Chaumont physician.
- Roy Cochran: American hurdler and sprinter (d. 1981).
- Max Heindel: Danish-American occultist who was a Christian disciple and a Theosophist for three years prior to founding the Rosicrucian Fellowship of the U.S.
- Tragic week (Argentina)
- Estonian Freedom War: The Soviet Army meets resistance from Estonian forces.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1919 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- When You Come Back, and You Will Come Back - Orpheus Quartet
- O Death, Where is Thy Sting? - Bert Williams
- Oh How I Wish I Could Sleep Until My Daddy Comes Back Home - Henry Burr
- Peer Gynt Suite No. 1 (Anitra's Dance) - Philadelphia Orchestra (Leopold Stokowski, Conductor)
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?