Tuesday 6 January 1920
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Within Our Gates, directed by Oscar Micheaux, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1920.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 January 1920!
Which were the important events of 6 January 1920 ?
- Epiphany (National Holiday) in Italy
- Christianity (except Eastern and Oriental Orthodox who follow the Julian Calendar) - Epiphany of the Lord (a.k.a. "Twelfth Day of Christmas" and Three Kings Day in some areas).
- In the Irish Calendar- Little Christmas or Nollaig na mBan (Women's Christmas) and/or Twelfth Day.
- Twelfth Night, or The Lord of Misrule
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the ceremonial birthday of Haile Selassie
- Ancient Latvia - Zvaigznes Diena observed
- Armenian Christmas (except in the Holy Land where it's on January 18th - old calendar)
- John Smith: English biologist and geneticist (d. 2004).
- David Oberlin: Atchison Politician.
- Doris Stokes: British world famous medium and author of "Voices In My Ear" and more.
- John Maynard Smith: English biologist (d. 2004).
- Early Wynn: American pro athlete, a baseball player who began his career in 1939 with the Washington Senators and retired his career in 1963 as a member of the Cleveland Indians.
- Jean-Robert Ipoustéguy: French sculptor, studied painting and drawing in Paris in 1938, under Robert Lesbounit. After World War II, he earned his living creating frescos and stained glass windows for Saint-Jacques, Petit-Montrouge. In the 1950s, at about the same time he turned from oil painting to sculpture and other media, the artist chose to add his mother's maiden name, "Ipoustéguy", to his name, since "Robert" is a common surname in France.
- Earl Kim: Composer
- Sun Myung Moon: Evangelist (Unification Church-Moonies)
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1920 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Nobody Knows (and Nobody Seems to Care) - Irving Kaufman & Jack Kaufman
- Broken Blossoms - Charles Harrison
- The Hand That Rocked the Cradle Rules My Heart - John Steel
- Oh! What a Pal was Mary - Edward Allen
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?