Saturday 6 January 1923
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Lederstrumpf, directed by Arthur Wellin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1923
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1923.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 January 1923!
Which were the important events of 6 January 1923 ?
- Epiphany (National Holiday) in Italy
- Christianity (except Eastern and Oriental Orthodox who follow the Julian Calendar) - Epiphany of the Lord (a.k.a. "Twelfth Day of Christmas" and Three Kings Day in some areas).
- In the Irish Calendar- Little Christmas or Nollaig na mBan (Women's Christmas) and/or Twelfth Day.
- Twelfth Night, or The Lord of Misrule
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the ceremonial birthday of Haile Selassie
- Ancient Latvia - Zvaigznes Diena observed
- Armenian Christmas (except in the Holy Land where it's on January 18th - old calendar)
- Vladimir Kazantsev: Russian runner (d. 2007).
- Norman Kirk: New Zealand engineer and politician 29th Prime Minister of New Zealand (d. 1974).
- Jacobo Timerman: Argentinian journalist and author (d. 1999).
- Jean Roux: French scientist, a bacteriologist-virologist since 1962.
- Leah Chase: Master chef, in the creole tradition.
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?