Sunday 6 January 1924
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Der Mann mit der eisernen Maske, directed by Max Glass, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 January 1924!
Which were the important events of 6 January 1924 ?
- Epiphany (National Holiday) in Italy
- Christianity (except Eastern and Oriental Orthodox who follow the Julian Calendar) - Epiphany of the Lord (a.k.a. "Twelfth Day of Christmas" and Three Kings Day in some areas).
- In the Irish Calendar- Little Christmas or Nollaig na mBan (Women's Christmas) and/or Twelfth Day.
- Twelfth Night, or The Lord of Misrule
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the ceremonial birthday of Haile Selassie
- Ancient Latvia - Zvaigznes Diena observed
- Armenian Christmas (except in the Holy Land where it's on January 18th - old calendar)
- Earl Scruggs: American banjo player (Flatt and Scruggs) (d. 2012).
- Nelson Paillou: French educator, a literature professor 1950-68.
- Earl Scruggs in North Carolina: USA; bluegrass musician (Flatt and Scruggs - "Ballad of Jed Clampett", "Rocky Top").
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1924 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Charleston - Arthur Gibbs & His Gang
- Love Sends a Little Gift of Roses - John McCormack
- In a Covered Wagon with You - Benson Orchestra of Chicago
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 6 January 1924 and get them!