Wednesday 6 January 1926
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
A Woman of the Sea, directed by Josef von Sternberg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 January 1926!
Which were the important events of 6 January 1926 ?
- Epiphany (National Holiday) in Italy
- Christianity (except Eastern and Oriental Orthodox who follow the Julian Calendar) - Epiphany of the Lord (a.k.a. "Twelfth Day of Christmas" and Three Kings Day in some areas).
- In the Irish Calendar- Little Christmas or Nollaig na mBan (Women's Christmas) and/or Twelfth Day.
- Twelfth Night, or The Lord of Misrule
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the ceremonial birthday of Haile Selassie
- Ancient Latvia - Zvaigznes Diena observed
- Armenian Christmas (except in the Holy Land where it's on January 18th - old calendar)
- Enzo Sacchi: Italian cyclist, Gold Medal winner at the Helsinki Olympics in July 1952.
- Ralph Branca: American baseball player.
- Pat Flaherty: American racecar driver (Born 1926).
- Kid Gavilán: Cuban-American boxer (d. 2003).
- Günter Rössler: German photographer and journalist (d. 2012).
- Kid Gavilan: Cuban boxer (d. 2003)
- Mickey Hargitay: American physical culturist, Mr. Universe (1955) married to Jayne Mansfield on 1/13/1958. They had two kids when they divorced on 4/30/1963, but a third was born in 1964, as they continued a relationship. He later worked for Mae West as one of her entourage.
- Fernand Guillou: France sport Champion
- Michel Prik: French skydiver and photographer, a veteran parachutist.
- Kees Boeke opens first comprehensive school in Holland.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1926 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Vernon Dalhart - The Wreck of the Shenandoah
- Freshie - Fred Waring's Pennsylvanians
- The Convict and the Rose - Vernon Dalhart
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 6 January 1926 and get them!