Thursday 6 January 1927, Epiphany
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Flesh and the Devil, directed by Clarence Brown, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1927
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1927.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 January 1927!
Which were the important events of 6 January 1927 ?
- Epiphany (National Holiday) in Italy
- Christianity (except Eastern and Oriental Orthodox who follow the Julian Calendar) - Epiphany of the Lord (a.k.a. "Twelfth Day of Christmas" and Three Kings Day in some areas).
- In the Irish Calendar- Little Christmas or Nollaig na mBan (Women's Christmas) and/or Twelfth Day.
- Twelfth Night, or The Lord of Misrule
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the ceremonial birthday of Haile Selassie
- Ancient Latvia - Zvaigznes Diena observed
- Armenian Christmas (except in the Holy Land where it's on January 18th - old calendar)
- Bob Dijkstra: Dutch astrologer, the founder of Oprichter van de Wekgroep (Workgroup for Applied Astrology) and Editor of "Spica," a Dutch magazine that acted as a national forum for opinions and theory.
- Gabriel Thiennot: French criminal, convicted together with Raymond Mis of murdering gamekeeper, Louis Boistard, on 29 December 1946 in Mézières-en-Brenne.
- Roger Bourdeu: France sport Champion.
- Jesse Steinfeld: American physician and academic 11th Surgeon General of the United States (d. 2014).
- US marines are sent to Nicaragua.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?