Friday 6 January 1928
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Sadie Thompson, directed by Raoul Walsh, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1928.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 January 1928!
Which were the important events of 6 January 1928 ?
- Epiphany (National Holiday) in Italy
- Christianity (except Eastern and Oriental Orthodox who follow the Julian Calendar) - Epiphany of the Lord (a.k.a. "Twelfth Day of Christmas" and Three Kings Day in some areas).
- In the Irish Calendar- Little Christmas or Nollaig na mBan (Women's Christmas) and/or Twelfth Day.
- Twelfth Night, or The Lord of Misrule
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the ceremonial birthday of Haile Selassie
- Ancient Latvia - Zvaigznes Diena observed
- Armenian Christmas (except in the Holy Land where it's on January 18th - old calendar)
- George Ross: American lawyer and businessman.
- Capucine : French fashion model and actress best known for her comedic roles in The Pink Panther (1963) and What's New Pussycat? (1965).
- George H Ross: American businessman.
- Leopold De Graeveleyn: Belgium sport Champion.
- Pasquale Vivolo: Belgium sport Champion.
- Pope Pius XI publishes encyclical Mortalium animos (against oecumene)
- January 7 ampndash The River Thames floods in London 14 drown.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1928 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Diane (I'm In Heaven When I See You Smile) - Nat Shilkret & The Victor Orchestra
- The Soldier's Sweetheart - Jimmie Rodgers
- My Blue Heaven - Don Voorhees & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?