Friday 6 January 1928, Epiphany
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include George H Ross and Capucine .
Sadie Thompson, directed by Raoul Walsh, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 January 1928!
Which were the important events of 6 January 1928 ?
- Epiphany (National Holiday) in Italy
- Christianity (except Eastern and Oriental Orthodox who follow the Julian Calendar) - Epiphany of the Lord (a.k.a. "Twelfth Day of Christmas" and Three Kings Day in some areas).
- In the Irish Calendar- Little Christmas or Nollaig na mBan (Women's Christmas) and/or Twelfth Day.
- Twelfth Night, or The Lord of Misrule
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the ceremonial birthday of Haile Selassie
- Ancient Latvia - Zvaigznes Diena observed
- Armenian Christmas (except in the Holy Land where it's on January 18th - old calendar)
- George H Ross: American businessman.
- Capucine : French fashion model and actress best known for her comedic roles in The Pink Panther (1963) and What's New Pussycat? (1965).
- Leopold De Graeveleyn: Belgium sport Champion.
- Pasquale Vivolo: Belgium sport Champion.
- George Ross: American lawyer and businessman.
- Pope Pius XI publishes encyclical Mortalium animos (against oecumene)
- January 7 ampndash The River Thames floods in London 14 drown.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1928 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Diane (I'm In Heaven When I See You Smile) - Nat Shilkret & The Victor Orchestra
- The Soldier's Sweetheart - Jimmie Rodgers
- My Blue Heaven - Don Voorhees & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?