Monday 6 January 1930
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
The Farmer's Wife, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1930.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 January 1930!
Which were the important events of 6 January 1930 ?
- Epiphany (National Holiday) in Italy
- Christianity (except Eastern and Oriental Orthodox who follow the Julian Calendar) - Epiphany of the Lord (a.k.a. "Twelfth Day of Christmas" and Three Kings Day in some areas).
- In the Irish Calendar- Little Christmas or Nollaig na mBan (Women's Christmas) and/or Twelfth Day.
- Twelfth Night, or The Lord of Misrule
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the ceremonial birthday of Haile Selassie
- Ancient Latvia - Zvaigznes Diena observed
- Armenian Christmas (except in the Holy Land where it's on January 18th - old calendar)
- W Cleland: American biochemist and educator (d. 2013).
- Vic Tayback: Brooklyn, New York -- Actor (Mel-Alice, Khan, Portrait of a Stripper).
- Denis Pitts: Journalist.
- Grant Speed: American western sculptor, whose bronze sculptures include representations of legendary Texas cattleman Charles Goodnight (housed in the Square House Museum in Panhandle, Texas) and of legendary Texas musician Buddy Holly (on display at the Walk of Fame in Lubbock, Texas).
- 1st diesel engine automobile trip (in a Packard sedan) completed
- The first diesel-engined automobile trip is completed, from Indianapolis, Indiana, to New York City.
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?