Friday 6 January 1933, Epiphany
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
The Bitter Tea of General Yen, directed by Frank R. Capra, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1933
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1933.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 January 1933!
Which were the important events of 6 January 1933 ?
- Epiphany (National Holiday) in Italy
- Christianity (except Eastern and Oriental Orthodox who follow the Julian Calendar) - Epiphany of the Lord (a.k.a. "Twelfth Day of Christmas" and Three Kings Day in some areas).
- In the Irish Calendar- Little Christmas or Nollaig na mBan (Women's Christmas) and/or Twelfth Day.
- Twelfth Night, or The Lord of Misrule
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the ceremonial birthday of Haile Selassie
- Ancient Latvia - Zvaigznes Diena observed
- Armenian Christmas (except in the Holy Land where it's on January 18th - old calendar)
- Capucine [Germaine Lefebvre]: Toulon, France -- Actress (Pink Panther).
- Charles Johnson: American executive and CEO in charge of Franklin Resources, a mutual funds investment company.
- Emil Steinberger: Swiss cabaret singer, comedian and actor.
- John Clive: English author and actor (d. 2012).
- Leszek Drogosz: Polish boxer and actor (d. 2012).
- Oleg Makarov: Russian engineer and astronaut (d. 2003)
- Ian McColl: Baron McColl of Dulwich English surgeon and academic
- Fred Turner: American businessman (d. 2013)
- Vladimir de Pachmann: Russian-German pianist (Born 1848).
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1933 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Here it is Monday - Rudy Vallee & His Connecticut Yankees
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?