Sunday 6 January 1935, Epiphany
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Lives of a Bengal Lancer, directed by Henry Hathaway, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1935
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1935.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 January 1935!
Which were the important events of 6 January 1935 ?
- Epiphany (National Holiday) in Italy
- Christianity (except Eastern and Oriental Orthodox who follow the Julian Calendar) - Epiphany of the Lord (a.k.a. "Twelfth Day of Christmas" and Three Kings Day in some areas).
- In the Irish Calendar- Little Christmas or Nollaig na mBan (Women's Christmas) and/or Twelfth Day.
- Twelfth Night, or The Lord of Misrule
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the ceremonial birthday of Haile Selassie
- Ancient Latvia - Zvaigznes Diena observed
- Armenian Christmas (except in the Holy Land where it's on January 18th - old calendar)
- Nino Tempo in Niagara Falls: New York, USA; rock vocalist (Deep Purple).
- Paul Wilson: American R&B-singer (Flamingos - "Lovers Never Say Goodbye").
- Tsaritsa Margarita: Gomez-Acebo y Cejuela of Bulgaria.
- Claude Steiner: French-American author, practicing psychologist and disciple of Eric Berne, one of the founders of radical therapy.
- Margarita : Queen Margarita of Bulgaria.
- George P Baker: US playwright (Dramatic Technique), dies at 68.
Make this date unforgettable
Get back in touch
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?