Wednesday 6 January 1937
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Sabotage, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1937
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 January 1937!
Which were the important events of 6 January 1937 ?
- Epiphany (National Holiday) in Italy
- Christianity (except Eastern and Oriental Orthodox who follow the Julian Calendar) - Epiphany of the Lord (a.k.a. "Twelfth Day of Christmas" and Three Kings Day in some areas).
- In the Irish Calendar- Little Christmas or Nollaig na mBan (Women's Christmas) and/or Twelfth Day.
- Twelfth Night, or The Lord of Misrule
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the ceremonial birthday of Haile Selassie
- Ancient Latvia - Zvaigznes Diena observed
- Armenian Christmas (except in the Holy Land where it's on January 18th - old calendar)
- Ludvík Daněk: Czech discus thrower (d. 1998).
- Lou Holtz: United States -- Football coach (New Jersey Jets).
- Doris Troy: [Payne]; American soul singer/songwriter ("Just One Kiss").
- Paolo Conte: Italian singer, pianist, composer, and lawyer notable for his grainy, resonant voice.
- Harri Holkeri: Finnish politician, Prime Minister from 1987-1990.
- Andre Besette: Canadian religious figure (Born 1845).
- Bradman scores 270 Aust vs. England at the MCG, incl 110 singles
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 6 January 1937 and get them!