Friday 6 January 1939
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Son of Frankenstein, directed by Rowland V. Lee, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1939.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 January 1939!
Which were the important events of 6 January 1939 ?
- Epiphany (National Holiday) in Italy
- Christianity (except Eastern and Oriental Orthodox who follow the Julian Calendar) - Epiphany of the Lord (a.k.a. "Twelfth Day of Christmas" and Three Kings Day in some areas).
- In the Irish Calendar- Little Christmas or Nollaig na mBan (Women's Christmas) and/or Twelfth Day.
- Twelfth Night, or The Lord of Misrule
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the ceremonial birthday of Haile Selassie
- Ancient Latvia - Zvaigznes Diena observed
- Armenian Christmas (except in the Holy Land where it's on January 18th - old calendar)
- Georgios Babiniotis: Greek linguist and philologist.
- Murray Rose: Australian swimmer, the youngest Triple Gold Medal Olympic winner in Melbourne in 1956 and Rome in 1960.
- ''Naturwissenschaften'' publishes evidence that nuclear fission has been achieved by Otto Hahn.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1939 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- They Say - Artie Shaw & His Orchestra
- You're A Sweet Little Headache - Benny Goodman & His Orchestra (Vocal Martha Tilton)
- Thanks for Everything - Tommy Dorsey & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?