Thursday 6 January 1944
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Lifeboat, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1944.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 January 1944!
Which were the important events of 6 January 1944 ?
- Epiphany (National Holiday) in Italy
- Christianity (except Eastern and Oriental Orthodox who follow the Julian Calendar) - Epiphany of the Lord (a.k.a. "Twelfth Day of Christmas" and Three Kings Day in some areas).
- In the Irish Calendar- Little Christmas or Nollaig na mBan (Women's Christmas) and/or Twelfth Day.
- Twelfth Night, or The Lord of Misrule
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the ceremonial birthday of Haile Selassie
- Ancient Latvia - Zvaigznes Diena observed
- Armenian Christmas (except in the Holy Land where it's on January 18th - old calendar)
- Henry Kravis: Author (The Money Machine).
- Van McCoy: US soul singer / songwriter (Hey Mr DJ, Hustle).
- Rolf Zinkernagel: Swiss immunologist and academic Nobel Prize laureate.
- Robert Landers in Tarrant County: Texas, USA; PGA golfer (Fort Worth-1976, 1978, 1980).
- Bonnie Franklin in Santa Monica: California, USA; TV actress (Ann - One Day at a Time).
- Anthony Luiso: Italian executive and CEO of International Multifoods, a foods distribution conglomerate. A college graduate with a BS and MBA in Business, Luiso exercises, lifts weights and plays golf for enjoyment leisure time.
- Alan Stivell: French musician, a folksinger and Celtic harpist.
- Bonnie Franklin: American actress who is perhaps best known to American TV audiences for her portrayal of a divorced mother on the hit show "One Day at a Time." The series, mostly comedy, sometimes more serious, lasted from 1975-1984.
- Ida Tarbell: American journalist author and educator (d. 1944).
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1944 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?