Monday 6 January 1947
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Sinbad, the Sailor, directed by Richard Wallace, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1947.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 January 1947!
Which were the important events of 6 January 1947 ?
- Epiphany (National Holiday) in Italy
- Christianity (except Eastern and Oriental Orthodox who follow the Julian Calendar) - Epiphany of the Lord (a.k.a. "Twelfth Day of Christmas" and Three Kings Day in some areas).
- In the Irish Calendar- Little Christmas or Nollaig na mBan (Women's Christmas) and/or Twelfth Day.
- Twelfth Night, or The Lord of Misrule
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the ceremonial birthday of Haile Selassie
- Ancient Latvia - Zvaigznes Diena observed
- Armenian Christmas (except in the Holy Land where it's on January 18th - old calendar)
- Sandy Denny: British singer, songwriter and recording artist with "Fairport Convention" from 5/68.
- Andréa Ferréol: French actress and officer of the Ordre national du Mérite (2009).
- Ian Millar in Halifax: Nova Scotia, Canada; dressage rider (World Cup 1988, 1989, Olympics-1996).
- Ray Lindwall smashes 100 versus England in Melbourne Cricket Ground Test.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1947 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- (I Love You) For Sentimental Reasons - Dinah Shore
- Ain't Nobody Here but Us Chickens - Louis Jordan & His Tympany Five
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?