Tuesday 6 January 1948, Epiphany
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Secret Beyond the Door..., directed by Fritz Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1948.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 January 1948!
Which were the important events of 6 January 1948 ?
- Epiphany (National Holiday) in Italy
- Christianity (except Eastern and Oriental Orthodox who follow the Julian Calendar) - Epiphany of the Lord (a.k.a. "Twelfth Day of Christmas" and Three Kings Day in some areas).
- In the Irish Calendar- Little Christmas or Nollaig na mBan (Women's Christmas) and/or Twelfth Day.
- Twelfth Night, or The Lord of Misrule
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the ceremonial birthday of Haile Selassie
- Ancient Latvia - Zvaigznes Diena observed
- Armenian Christmas (except in the Holy Land where it's on January 18th - old calendar)
- Guy Spencer Gardner in Alta Vista: Virginia, USA; Lieutenant-Colonel US Air Force/astronaut (STS-27, STS-35).
- Juao Vanin: Brazilian Roman Catholic priest who studied psychology, graduating as a psychologist.
- Robert E [Bob] Wise Jr American politician (Representative-Democrat-West Virginia: 1983-).
- Guy Gardner: American colonel and astronaut.
- Moshe Kroy: Israeli philosopher who became famous for its unique philosophy during the seventies.
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?