Thursday 6 January 1949, Epiphany
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Golden Boy, directed by Rouben Mamoulian, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1949
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1949.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 January 1949!
Which were the important events of 6 January 1949 ?
- Epiphany (National Holiday) in Italy
- Christianity (except Eastern and Oriental Orthodox who follow the Julian Calendar) - Epiphany of the Lord (a.k.a. "Twelfth Day of Christmas" and Three Kings Day in some areas).
- In the Irish Calendar- Little Christmas or Nollaig na mBan (Women's Christmas) and/or Twelfth Day.
- Twelfth Night, or The Lord of Misrule
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the ceremonial birthday of Haile Selassie
- Ancient Latvia - Zvaigznes Diena observed
- Armenian Christmas (except in the Holy Land where it's on January 18th - old calendar)
- Michael Boit: Nandi, Kenya -- 800m runner (1972 Olympics - Bronze Medalist).
- Richard Horowitz: Composer.
- Thierry Ardisson: French television producer and host and movie producer.
- Stephen Bogart: American noted family, the first child of Humphrey Bogart and Lauren Bacall.
- Steven Forrest: American pro astrologer; author of "The Inner Sky," "The Changing Sky," "The Night Speaks" and "The Book of Pluto.
- Joan Hess: American popular writer of mystery stories. Her Maddogy series is hilariously filled with loony characters.
- Mike Boit: Kenyan runner and academic
- Carolyn Wright: American poet and academic
- Victor Fleming: American director cinematographer and producer (d. 1949).
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?