Saturday 6 January 1951
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Halls of Montezuma, directed by Lewis Milestone, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while Joy Street by Frances Parkinson Keyes was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1951.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 January 1951!
Which were the important events of 6 January 1951 ?
- Epiphany (National Holiday) in Italy
- Christianity (except Eastern and Oriental Orthodox who follow the Julian Calendar) - Epiphany of the Lord (a.k.a. "Twelfth Day of Christmas" and Three Kings Day in some areas).
- In the Irish Calendar- Little Christmas or Nollaig na mBan (Women's Christmas) and/or Twelfth Day.
- Twelfth Night, or The Lord of Misrule
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the ceremonial birthday of Haile Selassie
- Ancient Latvia - Zvaigznes Diena observed
- Armenian Christmas (except in the Holy Land where it's on January 18th - old calendar)
- Don Gullett: American baseball player and coach.
- Kim Wilson: American singer-songwriter and harmonica player (The Fabulous Thunderbirds).
- Pardon Our French closes at Broadway Theater NYC after 100 performances
- Indianapolis beats Rochester 75-73 in NBA-record six overtimes.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1951 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Frosty the Snowman - Nat King Cole Pete Rugolo & His Orchestra)
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?