Thursday 6 January 1955, Epiphany
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Richard Corbett and Rowan Atkinson.
In UK Oh Mein Papa by Eddie Calvert was in the top 5 hits.
Bad Day at Black Rock, directed by John Sturges, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while The View From Pompey'S Head by Hamilton Basso was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Soldiers of Fortune.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 January 1955!
Which were the important events of 6 January 1955 ?
- Epiphany (National Holiday) in Italy
- Christianity (except Eastern and Oriental Orthodox who follow the Julian Calendar) - Epiphany of the Lord (a.k.a. "Twelfth Day of Christmas" and Three Kings Day in some areas).
- In the Irish Calendar- Little Christmas or Nollaig na mBan (Women's Christmas) and/or Twelfth Day.
- Twelfth Night, or The Lord of Misrule
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the ceremonial birthday of Haile Selassie
- Ancient Latvia - Zvaigznes Diena observed
- Armenian Christmas (except in the Holy Land where it's on January 18th - old calendar)
- Richard Corbett: British politician.
- Rowan Atkinson: English comedian and actor.
- Ajayi Agbebaku: Nigerian triple jumper.
- Alex Forsyth: American ice hockey player.
- Susan Horwitz: American computer scientist and academic (d. 2014).
- Graham Murray: Australian rugby league player and coach (d. 2013)
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1955 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Top #10 songs in the UK
- Eddie Calvert - Oh Mein Papa
- The Finger Of Suspicion - Dickie Valentine With The Stargazers
- Frankie Laine - Blowing Wild
- Mambo Italiano - Rosemary Clooney & The Mellomen
- Winifred Atwell - Let's Have A Party
- No One But You - Billy Eckstine
- David Whitfield - Rags To Riches
- Ronnie Hilton - I Still Believe
- Mantovani - Swedish Rhapsody
- Ruby Murray - Heartbeat
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?