Monday 6 January 1958, Epiphany
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Lionel Cardon and Themos Anastasiadis.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to At The Hop by Danny & The Juniors.
In UK It's Only Make Believe by Conway Twitty was in the top 5 hits.
The Enemy Below, directed by Dick Powell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1958
while By Love Possessed by James Gould Cozzens was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Shirley Temple's Storybook.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 January 1958!
Which were the important events of 6 January 1958 ?
- Epiphany (National Holiday) in Italy
- Christianity (except Eastern and Oriental Orthodox who follow the Julian Calendar) - Epiphany of the Lord (a.k.a. "Twelfth Day of Christmas" and Three Kings Day in some areas).
- In the Irish Calendar- Little Christmas or Nollaig na mBan (Women's Christmas) and/or Twelfth Day.
- Twelfth Night, or The Lord of Misrule
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the ceremonial birthday of Haile Selassie
- Ancient Latvia - Zvaigznes Diena observed
- Armenian Christmas (except in the Holy Land where it's on January 18th - old calendar)
- Lionel Cardon: French homicide; he murdered a police officer and several medical doctors.
- Themos Anastasiadis: Greek journalist and newspaper editor.
- Scott Bryce: American actor director and producer.
- Margus Hanson: Estonian lawyer and politician 23rd Estonian Minister of Defence.
- Mohsen Rastani: Iranian photographer and journalist.
- Josephine CMA: Princess of Belgium / nun, dies at 85.
- WIPR TV channel 6 in San Juan, PR (PBS) begins broadcasting
- Gibson patents the Flying V Guitar.
- Bollingen Prize for poetry awarded to E.E. Cummings.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1958 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 songs in the UK
- Conway Twitty - It's Only Make Believe
- Jerry Lee Lewis - Great Balls Of Fire
- Lord Rockingham's XI - Hoots Mon
- Ma He's Making Eyes At Me - Johnny Otis & His Orchestra With Marie Adams
- Lonnie Donegan - Tom Dooley
- The Everly Brothers - Wake Up Little Susie
- Tommy Dorsey Orchestra Starring Warren Covington - Tea For Two Cha Cha
- My Special Angel - Malcolm Vaughan
- Tommy Edwards - It's All In The Game
- Frank Sinatra - All The Way / Chicago
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?