Wednesday 6 January 1960
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of January people in US were listening to El Paso by Marty Robbins.
In UK What Do You Want? by Adam Faith was in the top 5 hits.
The Men Who Tread on the Tiger's Tail, directed by Akira Kurosawa, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1960
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1960.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 January 1960!
Which were the important events of 6 January 1960 ?
- Epiphany (National Holiday) in Italy
- Christianity (except Eastern and Oriental Orthodox who follow the Julian Calendar) - Epiphany of the Lord (a.k.a. "Twelfth Day of Christmas" and Three Kings Day in some areas).
- In the Irish Calendar- Little Christmas or Nollaig na mBan (Women's Christmas) and/or Twelfth Day.
- Twelfth Night, or The Lord of Misrule
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the ceremonial birthday of Haile Selassie
- Ancient Latvia - Zvaigznes Diena observed
- Armenian Christmas (except in the Holy Land where it's on January 18th - old calendar)
- Paul William Azinger in Holyoke: Massachusetts, USA; PGA golfer (1987 Phoenix Open).
- Howie Long: American football linemen, actor and TV sports commentator.
- Eric Grothe: Sr.
- Kari Jalonen: Finnish ice hockey player and coach.
- Adrien Joveneau: Belgian media personality and producer at RTBF (Radio Télévision Belge de la Communauté Française, the public broadcasting organization of the French Community of Belgium, the southern, French-speaking part of Belgium).
- Paul Azinger: American golfer, a member of the PGA Tour since turning pro in 1981. The highlight of Azinger's career came in 1993 when he won the PGA Championship. One of the best players in golf, he also has many other victories accredited to him. In 1993, in addition to the PGA Championship, he also won the Memorial Tournament and New England Classic; in 1992 the Tour Championship, in 1991 the AT&T Pebble Beach National Pro-Am, in 1990 the MONY Tournament of Champions, in 1989 the Canon Greater Hartford Ope
- Andrea Thompson: American actress
- Nigella Lawson: English chef and writer
- National Airlines Flight 2511 is destroyed in mid-air by a bomb, while en route from New York City to Miami.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1960 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Marty Robbins - El Paso
- Frankie Avalon - Why
- Miss Toni Fisher - The Big Hurt
- Johnny Preston - Running Bear
- Freddie Cannon - Way Down Yonder In New Orleans
- Guy Mitchell - Heartaches By The Number
- Paul Anka - It's Time To Cry
- Connie Francis - Among My Souvenirs
- Steve Lawrence - Pretty Blue Eyes
- Jimmy Clanton - Go, Jimmy, Go
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?