Friday 6 January 1967, Epiphany
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Peter Loran in Teaneck and Larry Donald in Cincinnati.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to I'm A Believer by The Monkees.
In UK I'm A Believer by The Monkees was in the top 5 hits.
Grand Prix, directed by John Frankenheimer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1967
while The Secret Of Santa Vittoria by Robert Crichton was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Invaders.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1967.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 January 1967!
Which were the important events of 6 January 1967 ?
- Epiphany (National Holiday) in Italy
- Christianity (except Eastern and Oriental Orthodox who follow the Julian Calendar) - Epiphany of the Lord (a.k.a. "Twelfth Day of Christmas" and Three Kings Day in some areas).
- In the Irish Calendar- Little Christmas or Nollaig na mBan (Women's Christmas) and/or Twelfth Day.
- Twelfth Night, or The Lord of Misrule
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the ceremonial birthday of Haile Selassie
- Ancient Latvia - Zvaigznes Diena observed
- Armenian Christmas (except in the Holy Land where it's on January 18th - old calendar)
- Peter Loran in Teaneck: New Jersey, USA; rock vocalist (Trixter - "Give It To Me Good").
- Larry Donald in Cincinnati: Ohio, USA; US boxer (Olympics-1992).
- David Belcher: Australian rower (Olympics-1996).
- AR Rahman: Composer.
- Peter Gunz: Rapper.
- Kim Atienza: Filipino television host and actor
- Milton Berle Show last airs on ABC-TV
- 2 homemade buses collided on a mountain road in Terpate, Philippines plunging off a cliff, killing 84, injuring 140
- KHTV TV channel 39 in Houston, TX (IND) begins broadcasting
- Vietnam War: United States Marine Corps and ARVN troops launch ''Operation Deckhouse Five'' in the Mekong River delta.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1967 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Monkees - I'm A Believer
- The Royal Guardsmen - Snoopy Vs. The Red Baron
- Aaron Neville - Tell It Like It Is
- The New Vaudeville Band - Winchester Cathedral
- Nancy Sinatra - Sugar Town
- Frank Sinatra - That's Life
- Paul Revere & the Raiders - Good Thing
- The Mamas & The Papas - Words Of Love
- Four Tops - Standing In The Shadows Of Love
- Donovan - Mellow Yellow
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?