Tuesday 6 January 1970, Epiphany
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Kerrin Petty in Townshend and Keenan McCardell NFL wide receiver (Cleveland Browns.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Raindrops Keep Fallin' On My Head by B.J. Thomas.
In UK Two Little Boys by Rolf Harris was in the top 5 hits.
Angels and Demons, directed by Carlos Hugo Christensen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1970
while The House On The Strand by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Kolumbowie.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 January 1970!
Which were the important events of 6 January 1970 ?
- Epiphany (National Holiday) in Italy
- Christianity (except Eastern and Oriental Orthodox who follow the Julian Calendar) - Epiphany of the Lord (a.k.a. "Twelfth Day of Christmas" and Three Kings Day in some areas).
- In the Irish Calendar- Little Christmas or Nollaig na mBan (Women's Christmas) and/or Twelfth Day.
- Twelfth Night, or The Lord of Misrule
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the ceremonial birthday of Haile Selassie
- Ancient Latvia - Zvaigznes Diena observed
- Armenian Christmas (except in the Holy Land where it's on January 18th - old calendar)
- Kerrin Petty in Townshend: Vermont, USA; cross country skier (Olympics-1994).
- Keenan McCardell NFL wide receiver (Cleveland Browns: Jacksonville Jaguars).
- Geert Brusselers: soccer player (NAC).
- John Gerak NFL tight end/guide (Minnesota Vikings: Saint Louis Rams).
- Daniel Naulty in Los Angeles: California, USA; pitcher (Minnesota Twins).
- Jose Carabali: Venezuelan track and field athlete
- Yuliana Angelova: Bulgarian astrologer, selflessly engaged in advising and helping others in the Astrodienst forum during many years, from 2007 until a month before her death in 2014. She had studied history and English, and worked as a secretary/marketing analyst for a textile manufacturer.
- Julie Chen: American television personality, news anchor, and producer for CBS. She has been the host of the U.S. version of the CBS reality-television program Big Brother since its debut in July 2000 and is the longest-serving host of any country's version of the show. She is also a co-host and the moderator of the CBS daytime show The Talk. Previously, she was a co-anchor of The Early Show on CBS.
- Gabrielle Reece: American professional volleyball player (until 2000), sports announcer, fashion model and actress.
- José Carabalí: Venezuelan runner
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 6 January 1970
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1970 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- B.J. Thomas - Raindrops Keep Fallin' On My Head
- Diana Ross and the Supremes - Someday We'll Be Together
- Peter, Paul and Mary - Leaving on A Jet Plane
- The Jackson 5 - I Want You Back
- Led Zeppelin - Whole Lotta Love
- The Shocking Blue - Venus
- Creedence Clearwater Revival - Down On The Corner
- Steam - Na Na Hey Hey Kiss Him Goodbye
- Bobby Sherman - La La La (If I Had You)
- Tommy Roe - Jam Up Jelly Tight
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?