Tuesday 6 January 1970
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of January people in US were listening to Raindrops Keep Fallin' On My Head by B.J. Thomas.
In UK Two Little Boys by Rolf Harris was in the top 5 hits.
Angels and Demons, directed by Carlos Hugo Christensen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1970
while The House On The Strand by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 January 1970!
Which were the important events of 6 January 1970 ?
- Epiphany (National Holiday) in Italy
- Christianity (except Eastern and Oriental Orthodox who follow the Julian Calendar) - Epiphany of the Lord (a.k.a. "Twelfth Day of Christmas" and Three Kings Day in some areas).
- In the Irish Calendar- Little Christmas or Nollaig na mBan (Women's Christmas) and/or Twelfth Day.
- Twelfth Night, or The Lord of Misrule
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the ceremonial birthday of Haile Selassie
- Ancient Latvia - Zvaigznes Diena observed
- Armenian Christmas (except in the Holy Land where it's on January 18th - old calendar)
- Yuliana Angelova: Bulgarian astrologer, selflessly engaged in advising and helping others in the Astrodienst forum during many years, from 2007 until a month before her death in 2014.
- Julie Chen: American television personality, news anchor, and producer for CBS.
- José Carabalí: Venezuelan runner.
- Kerrin Petty in Townshend: Vermont, USA; cross country skier (Olympics-1994).
- Keenan McCardell NFL wide receiver (Cleveland Browns: Jacksonville Jaguars).
- Geert Brusselers: soccer player (NAC).
- John Gerak NFL tight end/guide (Minnesota Vikings: Saint Louis Rams).
- Daniel Naulty in Los Angeles: California, USA; pitcher (Minnesota Twins).
- Jose Carabali: Venezuelan track and field athlete
- Gabrielle Reece: American professional volleyball player (until 2000), sports announcer, fashion model and actress.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1970 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- B.J. Thomas - Raindrops Keep Fallin' On My Head
- The Jackson 5 - I Want You Back
- The Shocking Blue - Venus
- Led Zeppelin - Whole Lotta Love
- Tommy Roe - Jam Up Jelly Tight
- Bobby Sherman - La La La (If I Had You)
- Steam - Na Na Hey Hey Kiss Him Goodbye
- Peter, Paul and Mary - Leaving on A Jet Plane
- Diana Ross and the Supremes - Someday We'll Be Together
- Creedence Clearwater Revival - Down On The Corner
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 6 January 1970 and get them!