Tuesday 6 January 1976
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican). In that special week of January people in US were listening to Convoy by C. W. McCall.
In UK Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen was in the top 5 hits.
Barry Lyndon, directed by Stanley Kubrick, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1976
while Curtain by Agatha Christie was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1976.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 January 1976!
Which were the important events of 6 January 1976 ?
- Epiphany (National Holiday) in Italy
- Christianity (except Eastern and Oriental Orthodox who follow the Julian Calendar) - Epiphany of the Lord (a.k.a. "Twelfth Day of Christmas" and Three Kings Day in some areas).
- In the Irish Calendar- Little Christmas or Nollaig na mBan (Women's Christmas) and/or Twelfth Day.
- Twelfth Night, or The Lord of Misrule
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the ceremonial birthday of Haile Selassie
- Ancient Latvia - Zvaigznes Diena observed
- Armenian Christmas (except in the Holy Land where it's on January 18th - old calendar)
- Johnny Bosch: TV Actor.
- Richard Zedník: Slovak ice hockey player.
- Jeremy Linn: United States -- 100m breaststroke (1996 Olympics - Silver / Gold Medalist).
- Agnieszka Zielinska: Miss Poland-Universe (1997).
- Danny Pintauro in Milltown: New Jersey; actor (Jonathan - Who's The Boss?).
- Danny Pintauro: American actor seen as young Jonathan on the TV sitcom "Who's The Boss?"
- Lu Yi: Chinese actor
- Johnny Yong Bosch: American actor, and musician
- Daniel Tynell: Swedish cross-country skier
- Judith Rakers: German journalist and television presenter.
- Ted Turner purchases Atlanta Braves for reported $12 million.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1976 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- C. W. McCall - Convoy
- Barry Manilow - I Write The Songs
- Diana Ross - Theme From Mahogany (Do You Know Where You're Going To)
- Ohio Players - Love Rollercoaster
- Bay City Rollers - Saturday Night
- Sweet - Fox On The Run
- The O'Jays - I Love Music (Part 1)
- K.C and the Sunshine Band - That's The Way (I Like It)
- Donna Summer - Love To Love You Baby
- Paul Anka - Times Of Your Life
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?