Thursday 6 January 1977
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican). In that special week of January people in US were listening to You Don't Have To Be A Star (To Be In My Show) by Marilyn McCoo & Billy Davis Jr..
In UK Under The Moon Of Love by Showaddywaddy was in the top 5 hits.
The Sentinel, directed by Michael Winner, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1977
while Trinity by Leon Uris was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 January 1977!
Which were the important events of 6 January 1977 ?
- Epiphany (National Holiday) in Italy
- Christianity (except Eastern and Oriental Orthodox who follow the Julian Calendar) - Epiphany of the Lord (a.k.a. "Twelfth Day of Christmas" and Three Kings Day in some areas).
- In the Irish Calendar- Little Christmas or Nollaig na mBan (Women's Christmas) and/or Twelfth Day.
- Twelfth Night, or The Lord of Misrule
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the ceremonial birthday of Haile Selassie
- Ancient Latvia - Zvaigznes Diena observed
- Armenian Christmas (except in the Holy Land where it's on January 18th - old calendar)
- Defconn : South Korean singer and actor.
- Marc Johnson: American skateboarder.
- Stacey Gartrell in Sydney: New South Wales, Australia; swimmer (Olympics-1996).
- Amy Zappone: Wolcott, Connecticut -- Miss America - Connecticut (1996).
- EMI records drop punk rock group Sex Pistols
- Mount Nyiragongo erupts in eastern Zaire (now the Democratic Republic of the Congo).
- Ocean Park opens in Hong Kong.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1977 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Rose Royce - Car Wash
- Marilyn McCoo & Billy Davis Jr. - You Don't Have To Be A Star (To Be In My Show)
- Leo Sayer - You Make Me Feel Like Dancing
- Stevie Wonder - I Wish
- Brick - Dazz
- Engelbert Humperdinck - After The Lovin'
- Burton Cummings - Stand Tall
- Rod Stewart - Tonight's The Night (Gonna Be Alright)
- Spinners - The Rubberband Man
- Elton John - Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Word
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 6 January 1977 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?