Saturday 6 January 1996
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic). In that special week of January people in US were listening to One Sweet Day by Mariah Carey.
Don't Be a Menace to South Central While Drinking Your Juice in the Hood, directed by Paris Barclay, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1996
while The Christmas Box by Richard Paul Evans was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 January 1996!
Which were the important events of 6 January 1996 ?
- Epiphany (National Holiday) in Italy
- Christianity (except Eastern and Oriental Orthodox who follow the Julian Calendar) - Epiphany of the Lord (a.k.a. "Twelfth Day of Christmas" and Three Kings Day in some areas).
- In the Irish Calendar- Little Christmas or Nollaig na mBan (Women's Christmas) and/or Twelfth Day.
- Twelfth Night, or The Lord of Misrule
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the ceremonial birthday of Haile Selassie
- Ancient Latvia - Zvaigznes Diena observed
- Armenian Christmas (except in the Holy Land where it's on January 18th - old calendar)
Famous Birthdays:06 January
- Robert Russell "Chubby" Wise: musician, dies at age 80.
- John Phillipps Kenyon: historian/teacher, dies at age 68.
- Duane Hanson: American artist and sculptor, he is known for his realistic life-sized sculptures of ordinary people in real-life situations: in accidents, at work, doing chores, resting and at play.
- Record $65.2 million British lottery won by 3 people (2-3-4-13-42-44)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1996 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 6 January 1996 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?