Tuesday 6 January 2009, Epiphany
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It) by Beyonce.
The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, directed by David Fincher, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while The Tales of Beedle the Bard by J.K. Rowling was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching There Will Be Brawl.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing ARMA 2 or Atelier Annie: Alchemists of Sera Island.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 January 2009!
Which were the important events of 6 January 2009 ?
- Epiphany (National Holiday) in Italy
- Christianity (except Eastern and Oriental Orthodox who follow the Julian Calendar) - Epiphany of the Lord (a.k.a. "Twelfth Day of Christmas" and Three Kings Day in some areas).
- In the Irish Calendar- Little Christmas or Nollaig na mBan (Women's Christmas) and/or Twelfth Day.
- Twelfth Night, or The Lord of Misrule
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the ceremonial birthday of Haile Selassie
- Ancient Latvia - Zvaigznes Diena observed
- Armenian Christmas (except in the Holy Land where it's on January 18th - old calendar)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 06 January
- United States President-elect Barack Obama offers CNN medical correspondent and neurosurgeon Sanjay Gupta the position of Surgeon General. (''Washington Post'')
- Russia's Gazprom alleges that Ukraine has blocked three key gas pipelines to Europe, making natural gas delivery there impossible. (Reuters)
- Israeli artillery strikes near a United Nations school in Gaza City, killing at least 40 people. (CNN)
- Kathmandu University students protest against the Nepali government's decision to replace Indian head priests at Pashupatinath Temple with Nepalis. (CNN-IBN)
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 2009 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?