Friday 6 July 1923
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Merry-Go-Round, directed by Rupert Julian, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1923
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 July 1923!
Which were the important events of 6 July 1923 ?
- Comoros - Independence Day (1975).
- Feast day of St Maria Goretti.
- Lithuania - Statehood Day.
- Malawi - Independence Day (1964).
- Malawi - Republic Day (1966).
- Roman festivals: Ludi Apollinares, games in honour of Apollo (since 208 BC) began today.
- San Fermin a Spanish Catholic festival centered in Pamplona begins today.
- Music festival EXIT begins today in Serbian town of Novi Sad.
- Czech Republic - Jan Hus Day (1415).
- Wojciech Jaruzelski: Retired Polish military officer and communist politician.
- Mme Claude: French call-girl madame, manager of prostitutes.
- Nancy Davis in New York: USA; spouse of Ronald Reagan, first Lady (1981-89).
- Marie McDonald: Burgin, Kentucky -- Singer / actress (Promises Promises).
- 36th Wimbledon Womens Tennis: Suzanne Lenglen beats K McKane (62 62)
- Union of Soviet Socialist Republics forms.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1923 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Coal Black Mammy - Al Jolson
- Dearest - Nora Bayes
- Bambalina - Ray Miller & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in July 1923?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?