Friday 6 July 1923
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Marie McDonald and Nancy Davis in New York.
Merry-Go-Round, directed by Rupert Julian, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1923
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 July 1923!
Which were the important events of 6 July 1923 ?
- Comoros - Independence Day (1975).
- Feast day of St Maria Goretti.
- Lithuania - Statehood Day.
- Malawi - Independence Day (1964).
- Malawi - Republic Day (1966).
- Roman festivals: Ludi Apollinares, games in honour of Apollo (since 208 BC) began today.
- San Fermin a Spanish Catholic festival centered in Pamplona begins today.
- Music festival EXIT begins today in Serbian town of Novi Sad.
- Czech Republic - Jan Hus Day (1415).
- Marie McDonald: Burgin, Kentucky -- Singer / actress (Promises Promises).
- Nancy Davis in New York: USA; spouse of Ronald Reagan, first Lady (1981-89).
- Mme Claude: French call-girl madame, manager of prostitutes.
- Wojciech Jaruzelski: Retired Polish military officer and communist politician.
- 36th Wimbledon Womens Tennis: Suzanne Lenglen beats K McKane (62 62)
- Union of Soviet Socialist Republics forms.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 6 July 1923
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1923 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Bambalina - Ray Miller & His Orchestra
- Coal Black Mammy - Al Jolson
- Dearest - Nora Bayes
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?