Friday 6 July 1923
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Merry-Go-Round, directed by Rupert Julian, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1923
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1923.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 July 1923!
Which were the important events of 6 July 1923 ?
- Comoros - Independence Day (1975).
- Feast day of St Maria Goretti.
- Lithuania - Statehood Day.
- Malawi - Independence Day (1964).
- Malawi - Republic Day (1966).
- Roman festivals: Ludi Apollinares, games in honour of Apollo (since 208 BC) began today.
- San Fermin a Spanish Catholic festival centered in Pamplona begins today.
- Music festival EXIT begins today in Serbian town of Novi Sad.
- Czech Republic - Jan Hus Day (1415).
- Wojciech Jaruzelski: Retired Polish military officer and communist politician.
- Mme Claude: French call-girl madame, manager of prostitutes.
- Nancy Davis in New York: USA; spouse of Ronald Reagan, first Lady (1981-89).
- Marie McDonald: Burgin, Kentucky -- Singer / actress (Promises Promises).
- 36th Wimbledon Womens Tennis: Suzanne Lenglen beats K McKane (62 62)
- Union of Soviet Socialist Republics forms.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1923 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Bambalina - Ray Miller & His Orchestra
- Coal Black Mammy - Al Jolson
- Dearest - Nora Bayes
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?