Monday 6 July 1925
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Huub H Jacobse and Merv Griffin in San Mateo.
Cyrano de Bergerac, directed by Augusto Genina, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1925
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 July 1925!
Which were the important events of 6 July 1925 ?
- Comoros - Independence Day (1975).
- Feast day of St Maria Goretti.
- Lithuania - Statehood Day.
- Malawi - Independence Day (1964).
- Malawi - Republic Day (1966).
- Roman festivals: Ludi Apollinares, games in honour of Apollo (since 208 BC) began today.
- San Fermin a Spanish Catholic festival centered in Pamplona begins today.
- Music festival EXIT begins today in Serbian town of Novi Sad.
- Czech Republic - Jan Hus Day (1415).
- Huub H Jacobse: Member of Dutch 2nd chamber (Liberal).
- Merv Griffin in San Mateo: California, USA; TV talk show host (Merv Griffin Show).
- Bill Haley in Michigan: USA; rock musician, Bill Haley and the Comets ("Rock Around the Clock").
- Gazi Yasargil: Turkish medical scientist and neurosurgeon (d. 1993).
- Merv Griffin: American entertainer and TV host, a singer and pianist with credits in radio and nightclubs, a horse breeder, hotelier, gentleman rancher and billionaire.
- Bill Haley: American musician of Haley and the Comets rock group. Haley is credited with being one of the first to introduce rock 'n' roll music to America.
- Gazi Yaşargil: Turkish neurosurgeon and academic
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1925 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Midnight Waltz - Carl Fenton & His Orchestra
- Riverboat Shuffle - Isham Jones & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?