Monday 6 July 1925
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Cyrano de Bergerac, directed by Augusto Genina, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1925
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1925.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 July 1925!
Which were the important events of 6 July 1925 ?
- Comoros - Independence Day (1975).
- Feast day of St Maria Goretti.
- Lithuania - Statehood Day.
- Malawi - Independence Day (1964).
- Malawi - Republic Day (1966).
- Roman festivals: Ludi Apollinares, games in honour of Apollo (since 208 BC) began today.
- San Fermin a Spanish Catholic festival centered in Pamplona begins today.
- Music festival EXIT begins today in Serbian town of Novi Sad.
- Czech Republic - Jan Hus Day (1415).
- Gazi Yasargil: Turkish medical scientist and neurosurgeon (d. 1993).
- Huub H Jacobse: Member of Dutch 2nd chamber (Liberal).
- Gazi Yaşargil: Turkish neurosurgeon and academic.
- Merv Griffin: American entertainer and TV host, a singer and pianist with credits in radio and nightclubs, a horse breeder, hotelier, gentleman rancher and billionaire.
- Merv Griffin in San Mateo: California, USA; TV talk show host (Merv Griffin Show).
- Bill Haley in Michigan: USA; rock musician, Bill Haley and the Comets ("Rock Around the Clock").
- Bill Haley: American musician of Haley and the Comets rock group. Haley is credited with being one of the first to introduce rock 'n' roll music to America.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1925 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Midnight Waltz - Carl Fenton & His Orchestra
- Riverboat Shuffle - Isham Jones & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?