Wednesday 6 July 1927
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include [Jan] Hein Donner and Charles Whittenberg.
Raskolnikow, directed by Robert Wiene, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1927
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1927.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 July 1927!
Which were the important events of 6 July 1927 ?
- Comoros - Independence Day (1975).
- Feast day of St Maria Goretti.
- Lithuania - Statehood Day.
- Malawi - Independence Day (1964).
- Malawi - Republic Day (1966).
- Roman festivals: Ludi Apollinares, games in honour of Apollo (since 208 BC) began today.
- San Fermin a Spanish Catholic festival centered in Pamplona begins today.
- Music festival EXIT begins today in Serbian town of Novi Sad.
- Czech Republic - Jan Hus Day (1415).
- [Jan] Hein Donner: Dutch chess master.
- Charles Whittenberg: Composer.
- Susan Cabot in Boston: Massachusetts, USA; actress (Carnival Rock).
- Janet Leigh in Merced: California, USA; actress (Psycho, Harper).
- Jan Hein Donner: Dutch chess player (d. 1988).
- Alan Freeman: Australian-born British DJ and radio personality (d. 2006)
- Tito Gotti: Italian musician, musical critic and orchestral conductor. In 1960 he made his debut at Teatro Comunale in Bologna directing operas, concerts and recordings in Italy and abroad. He is dedicated to the recovery of 17th and 18th century Bolognese and Emiliana music and teaches choral music at the Conservatory of Bologna. He has published numerous musical compositions since 1962.
- Janet Leigh: American actress and author famous for her shower scene in classic horror film "Psycho" in 1960. Directed by Alfred Hitchcock, Leigh turned in a stunning performance, shocking audiences with the most terrifying stabbing scene in movie history. Leigh started her film career in 1947 playing sweet ingénue roles opposite Van Johnson, Kirk Douglas and Tony Curtis. The publicity generated by her marriage to Tony Curtis received as much attention as the Korean War.
- Jan Donner: Dutch chess player and journalist (d. 1988)
- Pat Paulsen: Comedian (Smothers Brothers Show), dies at 69
- Nilo Soruco: Bolivian singer-songwriter (d. 2004)
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?