Sunday 6 July 1930
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
The Dawn Patrol, directed by Howard Hawks, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1930.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 July 1930!
Which were the important events of 6 July 1930 ?
- Comoros - Independence Day (1975).
- Feast day of St Maria Goretti.
- Lithuania - Statehood Day.
- Malawi - Independence Day (1964).
- Malawi - Republic Day (1966).
- Roman festivals: Ludi Apollinares, games in honour of Apollo (since 208 BC) began today.
- San Fermin a Spanish Catholic festival centered in Pamplona begins today.
- Music festival EXIT begins today in Serbian town of Novi Sad.
- Czech Republic - Jan Hus Day (1415).
- Balamurali Krishna: Indian Carnatic musician, poet and composer.
- Francoise Mallet-Joris: Belgium Writer.
- George Armstrong: Canadian ice hockey player and coach.
- Ian Burgess: English racing driver (d. 2012).
- Hans-Jürgen Heise: German author and poet.
- M Balamuralikrishna: Indian Carnatic vocalist, multi-instrumentalist, playback singer, composer and actor. He was awarded the Padma Vibhushan, India's second-highest civilian honour, for his contribution towards Indian Art. He was made Chevalier of the Ordre des Arts et des Lettres by the French Government in 2005.
- Françoise Mallet-Joris: Belgian author, novelist, love marie mancini; writes about garden parties.
- Francoise Mallet-Joris [F Lilar]: Belgian writer (Signs & Wonders)
- H J Heise: Writer
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?