Sunday 6 July 1930
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Francoise Mallet-Joris [F Lilar] and H J Heise.
The Dawn Patrol, directed by Howard Hawks, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 July 1930!
Which were the important events of 6 July 1930 ?
- Comoros - Independence Day (1975).
- Feast day of St Maria Goretti.
- Lithuania - Statehood Day.
- Malawi - Independence Day (1964).
- Malawi - Republic Day (1966).
- Roman festivals: Ludi Apollinares, games in honour of Apollo (since 208 BC) began today.
- San Fermin a Spanish Catholic festival centered in Pamplona begins today.
- Music festival EXIT begins today in Serbian town of Novi Sad.
- Czech Republic - Jan Hus Day (1415).
- Francoise Mallet-Joris [F Lilar]: Belgian writer (Signs & Wonders).
- H J Heise: Writer.
- Balamurali Krishna: Indian Carnatic musician, poet and composer.
- M Balamuralikrishna: Indian Carnatic vocalist, multi-instrumentalist, playback singer, composer and actor.
- Hans-Jürgen Heise: German author and poet.
- Françoise Mallet-Joris: Belgian author, novelist, love marie mancini; writes about garden parties.
- Francoise Mallet-Joris: Belgium Writer
- George Armstrong: Canadian ice hockey player and coach
- Ian Burgess: English racing driver (d. 2012)
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?