Wednesday 6 July 1932
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Million Dollar Legs, directed by Edward Cline, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1932
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1932.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 July 1932!
Which were the important events of 6 July 1932 ?
- Comoros - Independence Day (1975).
- Feast day of St Maria Goretti.
- Lithuania - Statehood Day.
- Malawi - Independence Day (1964).
- Malawi - Republic Day (1966).
- Roman festivals: Ludi Apollinares, games in honour of Apollo (since 208 BC) began today.
- San Fermin a Spanish Catholic festival centered in Pamplona begins today.
- Music festival EXIT begins today in Serbian town of Novi Sad.
- Czech Republic - Jan Hus Day (1415).
- Giuseppe Corradi: Italian soccer player and coach.
- Phyllida Law: Scottish actress, who has worked extensively in television, including appearances in Dixon of Dock Green, Rumpole of the Bailey and the 1972 adaptation of the Lord Peter Wimsey tale The Unpleasantness at the Bellona Club.
- Richard Secord: American military man with 30 years in the Air Force, a 1955 West Point graduate, and one of the pivotal figures in the Iran-contra scandal in the late 80s.
- Herman Hertzberger: Dutch architect and academic.
- Della Reese in Detroit: Michigan, USA; singer/actress (Della Reese Show, Royal Family).
- 1st class postage back up to 3 cents from 2 cents
- Cubs shortstop Bill Jurges is shot twice in Chicago hotel room by a spurned girlfriend, Violet Popovich Valli
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?