Tuesday 6 July 1937
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ned Beatty in Lexington and Gene Chandler [Eugene Dixon] in Chicago.
Easy Living, directed by Mitchell Leisen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1937
On TV people were watching Wimbledon.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 July 1937!
Which were the important events of 6 July 1937 ?
- Comoros - Independence Day (1975).
- Feast day of St Maria Goretti.
- Lithuania - Statehood Day.
- Malawi - Independence Day (1964).
- Malawi - Republic Day (1966).
- Roman festivals: Ludi Apollinares, games in honour of Apollo (since 208 BC) began today.
- San Fermin a Spanish Catholic festival centered in Pamplona begins today.
- Music festival EXIT begins today in Serbian town of Novi Sad.
- Czech Republic - Jan Hus Day (1415).
- Ned Beatty in Lexington: Kentucky, USA; actor (Deliverance, Repossed, Network).
- Gene Chandler [Eugene Dixon] in Chicago: Illinois, USA; rocker (Duke of Earl).
- Ned Beatty: American actor who appeared in over 70 plays in theater for seven years before his first New York performance in "The Great White Hope.
- Inger-Lise Skarstein: Norwegian politician of the Conservative Party.
- Vladimir Ashkenazy: Gorki, Russia -- Pianist / conductor (Tchakowsky-1961).
- Gene Chandler: American singer-songwriter and producer
- Michael Sata: Zambian police officer and politician 5th President of Zambia (d. 2014)
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?