Thursday 6 July 1944
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Canterville Ghost, directed by Jules Dassin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1944.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 July 1944!
Which were the important events of 6 July 1944 ?
- Comoros - Independence Day (1975).
- Feast day of St Maria Goretti.
- Lithuania - Statehood Day.
- Malawi - Independence Day (1964).
- Malawi - Republic Day (1966).
- Roman festivals: Ludi Apollinares, games in honour of Apollo (since 208 BC) began today.
- San Fermin a Spanish Catholic festival centered in Pamplona begins today.
- Music festival EXIT begins today in Serbian town of Novi Sad.
- Czech Republic - Jan Hus Day (1415).
- Gunhild Hoffmeister: German FR, 800m / 1500m runner (1972 Olympics - Silver Medalist).
- Byron Berline: Rocker.
- 170 die in a fire at Ringling Bros Circus in Hartford Conn
- French General De Gaulle arrives in Washington, DC
- US General Patton lands in France
- In Hartford, Connecticut, USA, the world's largest circus tent catches fire at Ringling Brother's Barnum and Bailey Circus, killing 167 people and injuring 682.
- The Hartford Circus Fire, one of America's worst fire disasters, kills approximately 168 people and injures over 700 in Hartford, Connecticut.
- 2LT Jackie Robinson refuses to move to the back of a bus, leading to a court martial.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?