Thursday 6 July 1944
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Byron Berline and Gunhild Hoffmeister.
The Canterville Ghost, directed by Jules Dassin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 July 1944!
Which were the important events of 6 July 1944 ?
- Comoros - Independence Day (1975).
- Feast day of St Maria Goretti.
- Lithuania - Statehood Day.
- Malawi - Independence Day (1964).
- Malawi - Republic Day (1966).
- Roman festivals: Ludi Apollinares, games in honour of Apollo (since 208 BC) began today.
- San Fermin a Spanish Catholic festival centered in Pamplona begins today.
- Music festival EXIT begins today in Serbian town of Novi Sad.
- Czech Republic - Jan Hus Day (1415).
- Byron Berline: Rocker.
- Gunhild Hoffmeister: German FR, 800m / 1500m runner (1972 Olympics - Silver Medalist).
- 170 die in a fire at Ringling Bros Circus in Hartford Conn
- French General De Gaulle arrives in Washington, DC
- US General Patton lands in France
- In Hartford, Connecticut, USA, the world's largest circus tent catches fire at Ringling Brother's Barnum and Bailey Circus, killing 167 people and injuring 682.
- The Hartford Circus Fire, one of America's worst fire disasters, kills approximately 168 people and injures over 700 in Hartford, Connecticut.
- 2LT Jackie Robinson refuses to move to the back of a bus, leading to a court martial.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 6 July 1944
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?