Saturday 6 July 1946
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
A Stolen Life, directed by Curtis Bernhardt, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 July 1946!
Which were the important events of 6 July 1946 ?
- Comoros - Independence Day (1975).
- Feast day of St Maria Goretti.
- Lithuania - Statehood Day.
- Malawi - Independence Day (1964).
- Malawi - Republic Day (1966).
- Roman festivals: Ludi Apollinares, games in honour of Apollo (since 208 BC) began today.
- San Fermin a Spanish Catholic festival centered in Pamplona begins today.
- Music festival EXIT begins today in Serbian town of Novi Sad.
- Czech Republic - Jan Hus Day (1415).
- Toquinho : Brazilian singer and violinist, composer.
- Sylvester Stallone: American actor who made a huge break-through to overnight success with writing and starring in "Rocky," 1976, an Oscar winning picture.
- Fred Dryer: American football player and actor.
- Peter Singer: Australian philosopher and academic.
- George W Bush: 43rd President of the United States.
- Sylvester Stallone in New York City: New York, USA; actor / director (Rocky, Rambo, Cobra).
- Fred Dryer in Hawthone: California, USA; NFL player (New York Giants, Los Angeles Rams) / actor (Hunter).
- Rick Hunter: Actor
- Jean-Claude Frison: Belgian actor and comedian.
- Jamie Wyeth: American artist and noted family of American artists, the grandson of N.C. Wyeth and the son of Andrew Wyeth and his wife Betsy. With two famous artists preceding him, Jamie created his own vision, part of a more traditional continuum but with a great interest in light, infusing his canvasses with feeling and presence.
- James Wyeth: Wilmington artists
- George Bush: American politician, U. S. President for two terms, Texas oil millionaire and baseball owner, from a noted family, the Republican son of U.S. President George W. Bush. With a strong Education platform, he became the governor of Texas, the largest of the United States, in 1998. In 2001 he ascended to the US Presidency via a hotly contested debate that involved the Supreme Court and was re-elected in 2004.
- St. Louis Woman closes at Martin Beck Theater NYC after 113 performances
- 53rd Wimbledon Womens Tennis: Pauline Betz beats Louise Brough (62 64)
- 60th Wimbledon Mens Tennis: Yvon Petra beats G Brown (62 64 79 57 64)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1946 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Stone Cold Dead in the Market (He Had It Coming) - Ella Fitzgerald & Louis Jordan
- Gene Krupa & His Orchestra - Boogie Blues
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?