Tuesday 6 July 1948
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
A Foreign Affair, directed by Billy Wilder, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 July 1948!
Which were the important events of 6 July 1948 ?
- Comoros - Independence Day (1975).
- Feast day of St Maria Goretti.
- Lithuania - Statehood Day.
- Malawi - Independence Day (1964).
- Malawi - Republic Day (1966).
- Roman festivals: Ludi Apollinares, games in honour of Apollo (since 208 BC) began today.
- San Fermin a Spanish Catholic festival centered in Pamplona begins today.
- Music festival EXIT begins today in Serbian town of Novi Sad.
- Czech Republic - Jan Hus Day (1415).
- Tom Curley: American media executive.
- Patrick Gaubert: French politician who was a Member of the European Parliament for the Île-de-France through 2009.
- Nathalie Baye: French actress who's films include "Day for Night," "The Man Who Loved Women" and "The Return of Martin Guerre.
- Jean-Pierre Blackburn: Canadian academic and politician 26th Canadian Minister of Veterans Affairs.
- Brad Park: Toronto, Ontario -- NHL defenseman (NY Rangers, Boston Bruins).
- The world's first Air Car-ferry service is flown by a Bristol Freighter of Silver City Airways from Lympne to Le Touquet.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1948 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Bluebird of Happiness - Art Mooney & His Orchestra
- Gordon MacRae - It's Magic
- Blue Barron & His Orchestra - You Were Only Fooling
- Sarah Vaughan - Nature Boy
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?