Thursday 6 July 1950
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Winchester '73, directed by Anthony Mann, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while The Cardinal by Henry Morton Robinson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 July 1950!
Which were the important events of 6 July 1950 ?
- Comoros - Independence Day (1975).
- Feast day of St Maria Goretti.
- Lithuania - Statehood Day.
- Malawi - Independence Day (1964).
- Malawi - Republic Day (1966).
- Roman festivals: Ludi Apollinares, games in honour of Apollo (since 208 BC) began today.
- San Fermin a Spanish Catholic festival centered in Pamplona begins today.
- Music festival EXIT begins today in Serbian town of Novi Sad.
- Czech Republic - Jan Hus Day (1415).
- Helene Scherrer: Canadian politician.
- John Byrne: English-American author and illustrator.
- Phyllis Hyman: Jazz singer.
- Ramon Guzman: Jockey.
- Sultan Rakhmanov: Super heavyweight (1980 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Fats Navarro: American trumpet player and composer (d. 1950).
- German DR recognizes Oder-Neisse borders with Poland
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1950 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Tzena, Tzena, Tzena - Weavers (Gordon Jenkins & His Orchestra)
- Mona Lisa - Victor Young & His Orchestra (Vocal Don Cherry)
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?