Friday 6 July 1951
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Strangers on a Train, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while From Here To Eternity by James Jones was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1951.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 July 1951!
Which were the important events of 6 July 1951 ?
- Comoros - Independence Day (1975).
- Feast day of St Maria Goretti.
- Lithuania - Statehood Day.
- Malawi - Independence Day (1964).
- Malawi - Republic Day (1966).
- Roman festivals: Ludi Apollinares, games in honour of Apollo (since 208 BC) began today.
- San Fermin a Spanish Catholic festival centered in Pamplona begins today.
- Music festival EXIT begins today in Serbian town of Novi Sad.
- Czech Republic - Jan Hus Day (1415).
- Josef Huttel: Composer, dies at 57.
- 65th Wimbledon Mens Tennis: Dick Savitt beats Ken McGregor (64 64 64)
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?