Sunday 6 July 1952
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
We're Not Married!, directed by Edmund Goulding, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1952
while The Caine Mutiny by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1952.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 July 1952!
Which were the important events of 6 July 1952 ?
- Comoros - Independence Day (1975).
- Feast day of St Maria Goretti.
- Lithuania - Statehood Day.
- Malawi - Independence Day (1964).
- Malawi - Republic Day (1966).
- Roman festivals: Ludi Apollinares, games in honour of Apollo (since 208 BC) began today.
- San Fermin a Spanish Catholic festival centered in Pamplona begins today.
- Music festival EXIT begins today in Serbian town of Novi Sad.
- Czech Republic - Jan Hus Day (1415).
- Grant Goodeve: American actor and singer.
- Hilary Mantel: English author and critic.
- Jesse Harms: Musician of REO Speedwagon.
- Louis-Alexandre Taschereau: Canadian lawyer and politician 14th Premier of Quebec (d. 1952).
- Last tram ride in London
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1952 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Walkin' My Baby Back Home - Nat King Cole (Billy May & His Orchestra)
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?