Tuesday 6 July 1954
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Cara Mia by David Whitfield With Mantovani & His Orchestra was in the top 5 hits.
Garden of Evil, directed by Henry Hathaway, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Not As A Stranger by Morton Thompson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 July 1954!
Which were the important events of 6 July 1954 ?
- Comoros - Independence Day (1975).
- Feast day of St Maria Goretti.
- Lithuania - Statehood Day.
- Malawi - Independence Day (1964).
- Malawi - Republic Day (1966).
- Roman festivals: Ludi Apollinares, games in honour of Apollo (since 208 BC) began today.
- San Fermin a Spanish Catholic festival centered in Pamplona begins today.
- Music festival EXIT begins today in Serbian town of Novi Sad.
- Czech Republic - Jan Hus Day (1415).
- Allyce Beasley in Brooklyn: New York, USA; actress (Agnes Dipesto - Moonlighting).
- Allyce Beasley: American actress.
- Willie Randolph: American baseball player and manager.
- James Kiberd: Actor (Trevor Dillon-Loving, All My Children).
- Dirk Verbeek: Actor / director (Hofstad Stage), dies at 70.
- KMOS TV channel 6 in Sedalia-Warrensburg, MO (PBS) begins broadcasting
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1954 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?