Tuesday 6 July 1954
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include James Kiberd and Allyce Beasley in Brooklyn.
In UK Cara Mia by David Whitfield With Mantovani & His Orchestra was in the top 5 hits.
Garden of Evil, directed by Henry Hathaway, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Not As A Stranger by Morton Thompson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Whistler.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 July 1954!
Which were the important events of 6 July 1954 ?
- Comoros - Independence Day (1975).
- Feast day of St Maria Goretti.
- Lithuania - Statehood Day.
- Malawi - Independence Day (1964).
- Malawi - Republic Day (1966).
- Roman festivals: Ludi Apollinares, games in honour of Apollo (since 208 BC) began today.
- San Fermin a Spanish Catholic festival centered in Pamplona begins today.
- Music festival EXIT begins today in Serbian town of Novi Sad.
- Czech Republic - Jan Hus Day (1415).
- James Kiberd: Actor (Trevor Dillon-Loving, All My Children).
- Allyce Beasley in Brooklyn: New York, USA; actress (Agnes Dipesto - Moonlighting).
- Allyce Beasley: American actress.
- Willie Randolph: American baseball player and manager.
- Dirk Verbeek: Actor / director (Hofstad Stage), dies at 70.
- KMOS TV channel 6 in Sedalia-Warrensburg, MO (PBS) begins broadcasting
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1954 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?