Monday 6 July 1959
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include John Keeble and Arnold Wohlschies.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to The Battle Of New Orleans by Johnny Horton.
In UK Roulette by Russ Conway was in the top 5 hits.
The Hound of the Baskervilles, directed by Terence Fisher, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1959
while The Ugly American by William J. Lederer and Eugene Burdick was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Juke Box Jury.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1959.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 July 1959!
Which were the important events of 6 July 1959 ?
- Comoros - Independence Day (1975).
- Feast day of St Maria Goretti.
- Lithuania - Statehood Day.
- Malawi - Independence Day (1964).
- Malawi - Republic Day (1966).
- Roman festivals: Ludi Apollinares, games in honour of Apollo (since 208 BC) began today.
- San Fermin a Spanish Catholic festival centered in Pamplona begins today.
- Music festival EXIT begins today in Serbian town of Novi Sad.
- Czech Republic - Jan Hus Day (1415).
- John Keeble: London, England -- Rock drummer (Spandau Ballet-True).
- Arnold Wohlschies: French professional dancer.
- Richard Dacoury: French basketball player.
- George Grosz: German artist known especially for his caricatural drawings of Berlin life in the 1920s.
- 5th LPGA Championship won by Betsy Rawls
- WENH TV channel 11 in Durham, NH (PBS) begins broadcasting
- Saar becomes part of German Federal Republic.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1959 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Johnny Horton - The Battle Of New Orleans
- Paul Anka - Lonely Boy
- Lloyd Price - Personality
- Bobby Darin - Dream Lover
- Connie Francis - Lipstick On Your Collar
- Stonewall Jackson - Waterloo
- Freddy Cannon - Tallahassee Lassie
- Frankie Avalon - Bobby Sox To Stockings
- Connie Francis - Frankie
- Fabian - Tiger
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?