Wednesday 6 July 1960
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Caroll-Ann Alie and Jozef / Josef Pribilinec.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Everybody's Somebody's Fool by Connie Francis.
In UK Good Timin' by Jimmy Jones was in the top 5 hits.
13 Ghosts, directed by William Castle, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1960
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Comedy Spot.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 July 1960!
Which were the important events of 6 July 1960 ?
- Comoros - Independence Day (1975).
- Feast day of St Maria Goretti.
- Lithuania - Statehood Day.
- Malawi - Independence Day (1964).
- Malawi - Republic Day (1966).
- Roman festivals: Ludi Apollinares, games in honour of Apollo (since 208 BC) began today.
- San Fermin a Spanish Catholic festival centered in Pamplona begins today.
- Music festival EXIT begins today in Serbian town of Novi Sad.
- Czech Republic - Jan Hus Day (1415).
- Caroll-Ann Alie: Ottawa, Ontario -- Yachter (1992, 96 Olympics - 14th Place).
- Jozef / Josef Pribilinec: Czechoslovakia -- Speed walker (world record 10K).
- Valerie Brisco-Hooks: Greenwood, Mississippi -- 200m / 400m runner (1984 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Asahifuji Seiya: Japanese sumo wrestler, the 63rd Yokozuna.
- Jean-Pierre Cole: French homicide; killed his cousin for 87 francs 9/26/1987.
- Maria Wasiak: Polish businesswoman and politician Polish Minister of Infrastructure and Development
- Aneurin Bevan: Welsh Labour Party politician who was the Minister for Health in the post-war Attlee government from 1945 to 1951.
- Dr Barbara Moore completes a 3,207-mile walk from Los Angeles to New York City.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 6 July 1960
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1960 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Connie Francis - Everybody's Somebody's Fool
- Hollywood Argyles - Alley-Oop
- Brenda Lee - I'm Sorry
- Duane Eddy - Because They're Young
- The Everly Brothers - Cathy's Clown
- Brenda Lee - That's All You Gotta Do
- Jack Scott - Burning Bridges
- Paul Anka - My Home Town
- The Fendermen - Mule Skinner Blues
- Dinah Washington - A Rockin' Good Way (To Mess Around And Fall In Love)
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?